Friday, August 17, 2007

Woke up this morning still very tired but hauled my butt to the lake where I got to watch a beautiful sunrise.

1 Mile Swim @ 00:40:00

Then got a really nice send-off from our friends at Essential Bakery complete with customized cards for the 4 of us who are racing.

After that, I had a really good meeting with Cheryl this morning that put me into exactly the place I needed to be. I have been very stressed out trying to train for this race with a new job I am not crazy about. She convinced me that I am ready and can do this. I still need to work on a more comprehensive race plan but here are the basics:

Total Goal Time: 14 Hours (last year Canada was 14:56 and New Zealand was 14:15)

Swim @ 01:20

T1 @ :08
drink something with calories

Bike @ 07:00 (16 mph)
Alternate calorie drink with nuun/power bar bite every 15 minutes. Set watch to beep.
2 Shakes (2.5 scoops + 2 gels)
4 Nuun bottles
2 Powerbars
Put cheap cheese/cracker packet and salt potatoes in special needs bag

T2 @ :08

Run @ 05:00 (11.27 pace)
Carry gel blocks in varied flavors (Margarita!)
Walk every stop.
Odd miles drink water and eat block
Even miles drink calorie drink

And the two most important things I need to remember:
  • Let go of Ruth on the race course
  • Eat and Drink

No comments: