Monday, October 22, 2007

Today was the first day of my new job and I was pretty excited this morning about it :)

Got up super early (4:45) because I did not pack my stuff the night before and caught the bus to my new building -- and gym. I sure like the facility and got in my weight session before catching the core class at 7 AM.

Upper Weights @ 00:30:00
Core @ 00:30:00

Then the day took off and I did not get my run in at lunch. Instead, I took the bus home and changed quickly into my running gear and set off for a run -- talking myself into doing a tempo run when I hit Greenlake.

When I hit the path, I figured that it was about 3.1 miles and I needed to come in under 24 minutes to keep my tempo pace of 7:43-7:45. And I took off. And it hurt the entire freaking time. I had to talk myself into running the entire thing, promising that I would not have to run another step once I hit the light pole where I started. I made it around the lake at 23:46 -- a 7:25 pace because that loop is actually 3.2 miles. No wonder I felt like I was going to DIE. On the way home, I did lunges up the bridge on 5th where it crossed over I5. I looked like an idiot but I was too oxygen deprived to care. I am also not sure how to rate my tiredness. I hurt too badly to even think about being tired but I guess I was okay because I made it.

Tempo Run @ 00:45:00
7:25 Mile Pace (3.2 miles)

Lower Lunges @ 00:05:00

No comments: