Saturday, November 03, 2007

I have now been in my new job for 2 weeks and am definitely experiencing some stress that (as is the usual for me) is taken out of my body. Love the new job but my learning curve is super steep. I read somewhere that starting a new job is like drinking from a fire hose and I sure am experiencing it. Almost everything is new (people, processes, IT systems and issues, etc.) and I am trying to learn them as quickly as possible.

I have been very tired this week and dragged myself through a couple of workouts -- and even opted out of doing one to try to get some rest. On Friday, I fell asleep at 7:30 PM and got in a solid 11 hours. It felt great!

So this morning, I had my long run and Ruth dropped me off at UW and I ran from there up the Arboretum to and around Seward Park and back to Leschi where she had parked and staged her run. Felt good the first hour but started to drag a bit the second and then really dragged the last 20 minutes. It was nutrition, I barely had a few sips of energy drink and need to wrap my brain back around drinking and eating for distance. It just does not seem that long to me and I tend to let it go. Lesson learned (again).

14 Mile Run @ 02:20:00

No comments: