Saturday, January 26, 2008

After months of e-mail invitations, I finally decided to try a long run with some co-workers and their friend. They planned a 13ish mile run in the Discovery Park area and because I had 10 on my schedule, I figured it was close enough.

And they took off at a pretty fast pace around the first loop of Discovery Park. I figured that this was my karmic payback for letting my Monday run count as my Tempo run. It took me the usual half hour to warm up and by the second three mile loop, I was feeling challenged yet comfortable. Then the route took us on the roads for a beautiful downhill and then uphill run before heading back to the park and doing the last three mile loop. By then I felt completely DONE and was not pleased with Laura's suggestion to sprint the last bit. I did it but it sure hurt a lot. Turned out that our pace was 8:08 -- pretty aggressive for a long hilly run and I was very glad to be done. And proud of keeping up with the fast kids :)

13.4 Mile Run @ 01:49:11
1:49a, 172m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice job! :) looks like you had a good run....
hope things are well