Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Made it to both weights and core class this morning. She focused on lower abs and that was a humbling and painful experience. During lunch, I went to a talk about Chi running and my main take away was to work on foot strikes per minute (goal is 80-90) and move my arms but push back through the elbows. It was informative and I am eager to learn more about it from my friend Ann, who is taking a day long training on it.

Upper Weights @ 00:30:00
Core Class @ 00:30:00

I was not able to get in a run during the day so instead I got in a run after my appointment after work. I had a 5 mile tempo run on the schedule and decided to do it as an out and back on Lake Washington Blvd starting in Madrona. It was super dark and it was a interesting metaphor for my life at the moment. I had to trust the path yet take it at a pace that pushed me. Not sure where to go from there except it was not easy, not clear and yet I did it.

6+ Mile Tempo Run @ 01:01:18

WU @ 10:40

Tempo Pace Out @ 00:22:34
151a, 156m

Tempo Pace Back @ 00:22:39
153a, 158m

CD @ 05:23

No comments: