Friday, January 04, 2008

Went to the Greenlake Swim Practice this morning and was happy to see that the lane I swam in last month was empty. I hopped in and did my warm up while only two others joined me (whoop whoop).

That lasted until the end of the warm-up when the coach came over and let us know that we were in the fastest lane (a rotation had happened since December) and we sheepishly trotted off to our appropriate corrals while some rather unamused very fit looking swimmers silently glided over and reclaimed their lane.

I was happy that the first set was a 10 x 50 kick and informed the group that kicking was my strongest stroke. They were more than happy to make me lead and I kept it as a reasonable 1:10. Later on in the workout, I was also eventually pushed to the front and did an okay job with it. I am going to try to swim with them for the quarter as it can be pretty convenient transportation-wise although the 4:40 AM wake up time is brutal.

2400 Swim Practice @ 01:00:00

No comments: