Monday, February 18, 2008

Got in a good lift and core class this morning. At one point, we were doing a set of obliques from hell and Jon was notsogently reminding us to "lift" our legs. I looked down and hoped that 1/4 of an inch was enough...

Upper Weights @ 00:30:00
Core Class @ 00:30:00

Then I had an overdue meeting with Cheryl and, as always it was exactly what I needed to get focused and on track for this spring and summer. She also told me to check out the Husky Master's swim team and I looked it up and decided to drop in tonight because it was my only free night this week. Before that though, I went for a quick easy run around Greenlake so at least I would get in another workout in case the Husky Master's were not swimming because of the holiday. The run was a bit hard because I ate my lunch a bit on the late side and only had 2 hours to digest it before sloshing around the lake. It was my slowest run in a long time but it did its purpose.

3.1 Mile Run @ 00:30:00

I managed to find the furthest parking lot from the pool and after going into the other athletic facility to ask directions, I finally found it. I went through a door that I was suprised was not locked, down some stairs and then a LADDER and finally to the pool where there were a bunch of Masters looking people swimming laps. The coach, Helen was super nice and told me the lane times as well as the code to the locker room. I tried to get in but it would not open, so instead I ducked around the corner and changed out of my slightly sweaty running clothes and into my suit. I figured this was one of the more private areas I had changed in or out of my swim suit.

Unfortunately, my 100 time did not fall in the first 4 lanes and fell into the "the guys in the last two lanes who just take rest in between". So I plopped myself into the very slowest and empty last lane. I got in a quick warm up before she explained the first set to us. I looked around and around, and then around again looking for a circle clock but there were only digital clocks in every corner of the pool. Okay, something more to learn...but I took off. I was still in the second to last part of that set before she erased most of it and started to write the next one. Oh boy. I felt like little frog swimming with the big fish.

For some reason, the pool reminded me of the one in New Zealand and I kept thinking "no tumble turns" when I would hit the wall. Their practice is an hour and a half and I was in NO shape to get it all in. Besides, today was simply discovery excursion to check things out. If I can figure out how to do it on the bus, I am GOLDEN. I liked the pool, the people were nice and the coach assured me that other pokey people really do swim with the team too...

2400 Swim Practice @ 01:00:00

No comments: