Saturday, February 23, 2008

Had a 19-20 mile run on my schedule for today. I mapped a route starting at Leschi and ran to madrona and back up the hill to and across the I-90 bridge and then around Mercer Island and back. I planned to focus on three things during the run -- cadence, nutrition and positive self-talk. I decided to either take a sip of gatorade or a half a clif block with water every 10 minutes and that was the perfect. I kept my cadence up throughout and it was pretty easy to do -- probably because I had taken the last two days easy and kept my nutrition up the entire time. I ran around the island clock-wise so I was closer to the water and that, combined with the sunshine kept my spirits up. I also decided to keep my pace up on the hills and not let myself drop my speed.

On my way over the bridge, a cyclist said hello to me (I thought it was you, Ann -- thanks for your note to confirm!) but that was the last time I halfway recognized anyone. On my way back over the bridge, I hit 3 hours and actually cheered because I felt so good. Ended it was a grande soy white chocolate (no whip, coach) mocha and called it good. Very good.

20 Mile Run @ 03:16:00

No comments: