Monday, February 25, 2008

"It's working for you." That was the first thing I heard this morning walking into the gym from a guy who I see regularly a couple of times a day. I had also been complimented over the weekend on how buff my arms looked and even though I cannot see the change myself, the compliments were really nice, especially because I feel so bloated and despair that my nutrition has gone downhill these past few months.

I took a rest day on Sunday and got it in my head that I was going to bake cookies because doing so would mean I was in a home. For normal people, that would just require setting aside an hour or so to bake. For me, it meant getting all the equipment (thank goodness for Ross and cheap cookie cooling racks) and all the ingredients (I actually now have flour and sugar). I went on a baking/cooking rampage and made chocolate chip cookies (only ate one before packing them up and distributing), some Korean ginger candy (jury is still out on that one...) and Bimbimbop with lots of veggies and spicy bean curd.

Got in a good lift at the gym and then I took the sub core instructor's class and that was a good idea even though my hip flexors may never forgive me again...

Upper Weights @ 00:30:00
Core Class @ 00:30:00

I think I will wait to run after I get home tonight just for a change of scenery but not completely sure yet...

Decided to get in a run from work but tried a different route looping towards Rainier, on Boren and back on James. Mileage was unimpressive but I did get in some good hills.

4 Miles @ 00:38:00

No comments: