Sunday, March 30, 2008

I figured that since yesterday's delayed start time made for a great training session that the same would apply to today. I had a 15 mile run on the schedule and decided to run from home to and around Lake Union and back. At the last moment, I changed into my running tights but just wore a long sleeve shirt, running hat and gloves. After a couple of blocks, I wished I had a warmer shirt but decided that I would warm up as I ran and kept on going.

I made it but it was very very very cold -- 36 at SJ&J at 11:30 AM. I did not push the pace this time but was consistent about nutrition.

14.5 Mile Run @ 02:15:00

Met with Cheryl in the afternoon to talk about my Boston progress (on track), RAMROD (nixed) and what else I was going to do this summer (longer bike rides and my first 50k...). Oh, and Comrades is no longer a "wouldn't it be fun" fantasy and is now something I am on track to do in 2009. GULP! I am trying not to freak out too much...as we discussed, Ironman and Boston both seemed like dreams a few years ago too. She did seem to think that training for Comrades could actually fit into my possibly going back to Grad school. I will get a test drive in the next couple of months because I am taking a 6 week GMAT test prep course starting mid-April.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy COW! You go GIRL. AMAZING..just read up on Comrades. WOW. and grad school..good for you.