Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This morning was my first interval run workout since...April. I was dreading it even though I did put together a wussy little workout for my first one (8 x 400, or if I am feeling really good - add 2 more). I woke up early and drove to Greenlake to run the long way to the track. It was interesting how my pace would slow the closer I got to the track but I finally made it there.

It was an ass-kicking and I am just not in interval shape. I was lucky to have the track mostly to myself so that helped. I ran 8 of them and that was plenty thankyouverymuch. I did a walk/jog for about 200 before setting off again. During one of them I felt like I wanted to hurl. Turned out it was my fastest one. At least I did negative split most of the 2nd half and I did maintain as sub-7 pace although I know I could not make a full mile at that pace.

6.2 Mile Interval Run @ 53:01
WU @ 19:37 (dragging feet near the end)
8 x 400 @ (1:44, 1:42, 1:41, 1:42, 1:42, 1:40, 1:36 (ouch), 1:39)
CD @ 12:05

Tija promised us waterfalls during this afternoon's spin class. They are steady hard effort and rather painful. More whining to come.

Made it through and am done torturing my legs for the rest of the day.

Spin Class @ 00:50:00

No comments: