Saturday, June 07, 2008

Went for a bike ride with the group. It was advertised as a 70 mile ride but we learned at the beginning that it was actually 62 miles but we could add if we wanted. We didn't.

It was a healthy humbling ass kicking all together with extra humbling moments when my legs would not agree to help me keep up with Mike or Annemeika when they blew through Rainier... I do think that this was my longest ride in about 4 weeks and it is stunning how quickly I can lose fitness :( I am so so so glad I am not racing a Half Iron in a couple of weeks!!!

My slacker weeks are now over and Cheryl and I are meeting soon to talk about my torture plan for my fall 50k...

62 Mile Ride @ 04:00:00

Another humbling moment (apparently I have not had enough recently) was when I realized that the 5 lb weight loss I recently celebrated after Hawaii was probably actually muscle loss :(. This week, I also asked Tija if she could recommend a trainer from her gym to work with to help me with a weight training program and advise on nutrition. Because I am not planning to train for any races this summer (my goal is to not put aero-bars on my bike at all), this is the time for me to focus on getting my weight down. Jerome (the trainer who is going to make my life much harder) and I are not meeting until after he gets back the week but in the meantime, I am now blogging my food intake in Training Log. Not exactly proud of my food intake yesterday...

No comments: