Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I finally got a good night's sleep -- the night turned cool and it was perfect. So perfect that this morning's 5AM alarm was a bit painful. To add to it, Wally jumped on me and walked back and forth on top of me meowing at me until I finally hauled myself out of bed and his job was done. He went back to bed.

I had hill repeats on my schedule and planned to do them at Lower Woodland Park but started my WU at SJ&J. Katie and Shilo were a "maybe" so I was really happy to see them there. I have not done hill repeats on that stretch for a bit and Katie gave me excellent coaching. So good that I was able to descend every interval (1:55, 1:52, 1:45, 1:44, 1:38) ! She thinks I should be able to average a 1:40-1:45 pace for these. Just a note to myself that I ran from the tree trunk to the concrete. I was pretty pooped by the time I was done with just the 5 (6 if you count the other hill) but ran the long way back to my car.

6 Mile Hill Repeat Run @ 01:04:16

No comments: