Friday, July 25, 2008

Last night, I put together enough clothing for a 3 month trek across multiple continents and climate changes for today's Ragnar Relay. Unfortunately I am only barely exaggerating.

Here is how it is billed on the website:

"You and 11 of your closest friends running day and night, relay-style, through some of the most scenic terrain North America could muster. Add in live bands, inside jokes and a mild case of sleep deprivation. The result? Some call it a slumber party without sleep, pillows or deodorant. We call it a Ragnar Relay..."

We leave at noon today for the race and I am pretty sure I will be runner 7. This means that Leg 1 will be 3.7 miles and moderate, Leg 2 will be 8.5 miles and very hard and Leg 3 will be 6.6 miles and hard.

I am nervous but looking forward to a new adventure even if it means spending 24 hours in a van with 10 people I have just met.

Got in my lift this morning with my new routine and then the usual pain session with Jon.

Upper Weights @ 00:30:00
Core Class @ 00:30:00

No comments: