Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wally and I spent the evening studying last night and made some more traction in our math knowledge gaps.

This morning, I had a 7:30 meeting but wanted to get in a run workout before that so I could do my lower weight workout in the afternoon. I had an interval run planned but a small window in which to do it. I took the earliest bus to work and used a stretch of the paved trail running parallel to Alaskan Way to do my intervals. I had run that section many times and noticed posts on either end -- it appeared to be about a quarter mile so I decided to use that.

After a very short WU, I started off and my goal was to do 5 -- and keep them about the same pace. Success! (2:00, 1:54, 1:57, 1:57, 1:56) I have no idea the exact distance but when I did the Google pedometer I figured it to be about .32 miles. When jogging back to get in a shower before the meeting, I had to remind myself of the very words I used last night "quality is better than quantity". I figured if I could lecture someone else on that, I could darn well follow my own advice and be quite happy with a shorter, yet effective workout.

3 Mile Interval Run @ 00:27:00

I checked in with Tija before class to find out what she thought about my doing my leg weights the day before the relay. She immediately nixed it and said I would not have time to recover so I was completely cool with that! Kept it pretty much only aerobic during spin.

Spin Class @ 00:50:00

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's as close to an apology as I'll ever get. I accept. Thank you.