Saturday, July 12, 2008

This morning was my second Cougar Mountain trail run race and this time the distance was 10.4 miles. It was advertised as 10 miles and the director let us know he threw in an extra .4 miles for free. He also said that this was going to be the toughest elevation gain because the part he added to the last race to add the extra miles was along some sort of "cliff" trail. It hurt and was so steep at points that I (and my fellow competitors) had to walk.

My goal was to try to come in at the 2 hour mark or earlier if possible and try to maintain the same pace I did for the last one (10:55). I did meet my first goal but not my second. The official results are not in yet but according to my watch, I did make it in under 2 hours! It was a lot of fun but I REALLY need to remember to use my inhaler before the next race. I was sucking some serious wind and I am afraid some of my fellow racers thought Sasquatch was chasing them. I did move over for someone right behind me on a descent and he said as he passed "I have been trying to catch you the whole race". I never saw him again :) I did piggy-back a bit with a guy -- he was a much better descender and I was better on the flats and ascending so I ended up finishing a few minutes ahead of him

Had great post-race support 'cause I was kinda dingy...(thanks Jen!) and no one in a skirt passed me, or came in ahead of me. It was a terrific workout and I had a great time! I must smell especially good because Wally (who would not even get up to say good-bye to me this morning) wants a lot of cuddling as I try to type this now. Off to the shower!

10.4 Mile Run @ 01:54:22 (10:59 Pace)
156a

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoo hoo, perfect day and sounds like you had an awesome time. cm

Anonymous said...

nice job. sounds like you had a good time!!! can't wait to see you on Monday.- Ann