Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I took a badly needed day completely off from any form of training yesterday and it sure did help. I was feeling really exhausted and sore on Sunday after the run and barely dragged myself through my chores. I even skipped Yoga because the thought of it just made me so exhausted.

I slept in on Monday morning and Jen was a champ and took me directly to work. It was so odd to be dropped off at the door with just a purse and to walk in wearing my work clothes instead of schlepping from the gym/bus with wet hair loaded down with all sorts of workout stuff. I almost felt normal.

I stayed close to home after work yesterday to finish recharging and was able to get through the laundry before Wally and I finally hit the sack. He was pretty tired because he was yelling at me all evening to let him out into the hall to play with his new best friend -- an artificial Christmas tree my neighbors are storing in their hallway...

Yoga class was good, although challenging today but the instructor assured me that three years ago, she could not touch her toes although she is made out of pretzel dough now...

Yoga Class @ 01:15:00

Managed to get in a run along Lake Washington. Because I was pressed for time, I set my watch for a 5 minute WU and then 6 intervals of 8 minutes hard and three minutes easy jog. Managed to get it all in and a couple of the intervals were on the gravel path so it was kinda like trail running. I sure did not have enough warm up time and my shins let me know.

8 Mile Speed Run @ 01:13:00

I also created a baseline for touching my toes and measured how far my fingertips were from the floor when I bent over. 6 inches. I figure a half an inch each week might get me close to my goal of being able to touch my toes by the end of 2008!

No comments: