Thursday, December 04, 2008

I had some serious packing anxiety last night (as in I never started because I was so anxious thinking about it) and decided to leave it until morning. I always have packing anxiety -- there is a theory floating around about how this stems from the packing/unpacking I did in an orphanage a very long time ago. Regardless of where it comes from, it is only aggravated by having to pack for the scariest race I have ever signed up for in my life.

Somehow I did manage to throw enough in a suitcase and make the connecting buses on time to get to the airport. I had a little snafu when I accidentally threw my keys into the garbage dumpster when throwing out Wally's litter :( but made it through. After flight delay after delay, we finally headed out and and I made it to SF, and the Marin Connector (with a big rainbow painted on the side that made me smile) to my hotel.

I went for a lovely little 3 mile run along a path that is right behind the hotel and very much enjoyed the sunshine and new scenery.

3 Mile Taper Run @ 00:30:00

Had a nice dinner at the restaurant next store and then Ruth, the first of my support posse got here around 9 PM. Cheryl comes in tomorrow afternoon and then Katie about halfway through my race.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BEST wishes for a WONDERFUL day!
Enjoy this, remember you don't get paid for this shit! :) I'll be thinking of you often...can't wait to hear about it.
HUG HUG ~