Saturday, December 06, 2008

We drove into SF this morning to pick up the race packet and Cheryl, who came in on the Bart from the Oakland airport. The swag was pretty sweet -- a North Face technical t-shirt, hand held water bottle and a really nice cap that became my race day favorite item.

Unfortunately, there was not a lot of information on some of the logistics. For example, how to get to the start in the morning but I let Cheryl and Ruth figure that out. I was surprisingly calm that day, unlike other times I have been super escalated before a bit race.

We went out to dinner at the restaurant next store and Ruth's friends, Malia and Sandra (who live in SF) also joined us so it was great to see them and catch up a bit. I did cut out early to get to bed as close to 8:30 as possible to make the 3 AM wake up call a bit less brutal.

No comments: