Thursday, January 01, 2009

I decided to greet the New Year differently this year. The last couple of years, I have done the Resolution Run with a dip in the lake but since 2008 has been such a difficult year on so many levels, I really wanted to try starting this one differently. When taking the beginning yoga series, our instructor mentioned a class she does on New Year's day - 108 Sun Salutations. I decided to give it a try since she said it has been transformational for some people. It sounded hard in a new kind of way and I was intrigued.

I LOVED it. She split it up into 12 cycles of 9 and added enough variety and difficulty to keep it interesting. At the end of each cycle, she had us stand at the top of our mats, put our hands into prayer position and close our eyes while she read different passages/quotes to us. Each one was exactly what I needed to hear in the moment. I was so happy to have made it through every single one and even though I know I will feel it tomorrow, it was worth it.

Yoga Class @ 02:00:00

Oh and at about salutation 80 something, I TOUCHED MY TOES!!!!

No comments: