Thursday, January 15, 2009

When the alarm went off this morning at 5:15, I had the worst time motivating myself to get up and even dozed for a few minutes. Finally, at Wally's insistence, I dragged myself up and on the rollers for my first hard workout of the day. Hmm....perhaps a correlation between not wanting to get up and my first double-hard workout day. Or not :)

For my bike, I warmed up for 15 minutes and then did 5x intervals of 5 minutes hard, 2 minutes recovery. During the 5 minute intervals, my hr would hit 150 and I worked to keep my rpm to 80. I definitely have a long way to go but it was a good start that I could maintain.

12.5 Mile Bike Intervals @ 00:50:00

Got in a hill workout during lunch today and repeated the Beacon Hill Bridge 8x. Kept my interval under 2:40 for all of them.

6 Mile Hill Workout @ 00:56:00

No comments: