Saturday, February 14, 2009

Today took more work than usual to get in my bike ride. I drove to North Bend to do a loop she sent me before hooking up with her for the rest of the ride. As I started to assemble my things, I realized that I only had ONE SHOE. I tore apart my bag and car looking for it but it was not there. I called her and headed back. When I got home, I found the shoe. I had actually put it away on the shelf. Who puts one shoe away on a shelf?

I also decided then that I would put on my aerobars and that, of course took longer than expected AND I still want to adjust them again. I also decided to do the ride indoors because I was so pressed for time at this point. After getting 9 miles in, I really could not stand it much longer and took off outside to get in the rest of the ride by going North around the lake.

I went out a bit too hard and by the time I was halfway through the long side of Mercer Island when I realized I was really pooped. Fortunately, Jen was kind enough to scoop me at Leschi so I would not have to ride uphill (and way past my mileage) home although I was 4 miles under the 55 I was supposed to do.

51 Mile Ride @ 03:16:00 (15.4 ave speed)

No comments: