Saturday, February 21, 2009

What an amazing day for a ride! I was planning to get out on my bike close to 9 AM but ended up messing around with my aero bars (AGAIN) and did not get started until after 10. I put together a great route in my mind and started at Log Boom. From there, I went over Juanita (added Holmes Point), to Bellevue and around Mercer Island. Then I took the trail through Factoria to Lake Sammamish, then Marymoor and then the trail back to Log Boom. I felt really good -- the sun sure helped and I seemed to get a lot of tailwind gifts along the way.

I also was able to get in aero position a bit and that made it worth all the futzing around this morning. Near the end of the ride, my hip flexors were getting tired and it was a good reminder to keep focusing on them. It was also 6 miles longer than I was supposed to do but I did owe a few miles from last week so it worked out. All and all, it was a perfect ride and I am very happy with it!

66 Mile Ride @ 04:20:00 (15.2 average speed)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Must be the day...I did 5 extra miles too. Missed riding with you....but glad you had a good ride. :)