Saturday, March 21, 2009

I went out for a run this morning armed with the resort's complimentary "jogging map" that folds nicely to the size of a matchbox. I shouldn't have wasted the tree...I of course could not follow it and did lots of backs and forths but still got in a solid aerobic run. Got to run along some really sweet wooden paths, over some bridges and see some of the beautiful countryside here.

6ish Mile Run @ 01:00:00

After my run, we went out for a walk to explore some of the local things here. There was a path that led us to three waterfalls and the legend was that faries would descend and bathe there.

We eventually made our way to the largest temple in Korea. It was breathtaking. At the entrance, we could buy three bags of rice to give to the buddhas and so I did. Trying to bow the way everyone else was but at least the intent was pure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the pictures and updates. BR and I are keeping tabs on you! hope you are having fun. we are thinking of you.

Seagrass said...

oh my favorite...!! i have the fondest childhood memories of going to the temples..i used to make rice lanterns with the other children and I am so jealous you got to see that waterfall, those fairies are a part of a popular folk tale called the woodcutter and the nymph. it is my favorite fairytale....