Monday, March 30, 2009

So I do this endurance thing...and it feeds me for reasons I cannot explain to anyone who does not feel that hunger but is obvious to those who do. Because I do this crazy stuff, I have some training under my belt and have done races/brutal training sessions that have helped me to survive and finish these races.

Nothing that I have done to date though had prepared me for the last 32 hours. After our run yesterday and while we were stretching, I got a call from someone named Paula. My birth sister. It turned out that the lead I had gotten at Korean Social Services allowed us to connect. I spent the rest of the day on the phone with Heather, another birth sister I did not know I had and then finally my birth mother. I am still processing/celebrating/trying to absorb it all.

So obviously, I did not sleep well last night but planned to work because I make it a rule to never call in sick on a Monday. I went to core class in the morning but I just started to cry so I realized pretty quickly on that I would be useless at work. I took the day off and had coffee with friends, got in a soak at the Sauna and then dinner with another friend. It was what I needed for today to be ready to be 100% tomorrow.

Core Class @ 00:30:00

No comments: