Friday, March 13, 2009

Still dealing with the time change here and find myself wanting to take lots of naps even though I cannot actually SLEEP when I try. Last night, we went out and saw some street vendors and a a bit of a crowd and wondered what was going on. One block turned into many and we found ourselves in the thick of things and people. How fun!

I just HAD to eat some greasy thing made of some sort of glutenous rice that they deep fried on a stick. There was a vegetable leaf wrapped around it so I call that my veggie serving for the day :) Here's me waiting at the stand -- it was SO COLD last night!

Then this morning we headed off to the Korean Tourist Center and got a lot of helpful tips from the first person we met who spoke English well enough for us to converse. I got a map to the orphanage and also a number for Korean Social Services. I may call them on Monday to make an appointment but just at this point, I am trying to take things one minute at a time. It is still quite cold here even with the sun out and I am in the lobby trying to thaw out before venturing to a nearby market.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thinking of you! Enjoy the marathon the best you can...