Thursday, March 05, 2009

This morning, I did a 10 mile time trial on the rollers. I set the resistance back to zero and warmed up for 4 miles, did the time trial for 10 (00:33:20 - 17.9 mph) and then cooled down for 1 mile. Now I have a decent baseline to improve on as I continue to get in better shape.

15 Mile Ride @ 00:54:00

I planned to do a stair workout today using the stairs here because it was just so darn miserable outside. Unfortunately, when I got to the door to the stairs, there was a big sign that it was for emergency exit only and an alarm would sound :( I really need to contact facilities to get access for those for future stair workouts. So I went outside and decided to do an interval workout and used the stretch between Royal Brougham Way to Dearborn (.29 miles) with a 45 seconds or so walk/easy jog in-between. I kept negative splitting my laps unintentionally and was actually not happy about it because I did not want to kick my own ass today.

6 Mile Interval Run @ 00:50:00
10 x 2.9 @ (2:12, 2:11, 2:08, 2:06, 2:08, 2:05, 2:03, 2:06, 2:05, 2:01)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it's the stairs by your desk ~ a friend of mine uses them ALL the time. :) The alarm won't go off...but check w/ facilities just in case so you don't get busted. :)
nice job on the rollers!