Saturday, July 04, 2009

I HEART this holiday weekend! Woke up this morning WITHOUT the alarm and felt well rested :) Ruth and I headed to Enumclaw to ride the half-iron course to give her a change of scenery and offer me a chance to get ready for the Black Diamond Half Iron in September.

Speaking of Half Iron's, training for this distance is so CIVILIZED. Cheryl and I met yesterday and I was rather casual and slightly arrogant about this newest training schedule because it seemed so much easier than, for example my last 4-6 months! I just need to find someone to chase down on my long rides. She wants me to be completely exhausted at the end -- apparently long slow distance is no longer an option.

The first half of the ride was just fabulous. When it began to really heat up the second half, I did get a bit pissy. Ruth mentioned that she wondered where my attitude had went and apparently, it was back :). She did a patriotic 50, in honor of the 50 states for the 4th of July.

I did manage to keep my speed up though and even though I did eat every 15 minutes on schedule, I should have had a bit more. I finished with a run around the lake at Nolte State Park even though I did think that I should show my patriotism by declaring independence from Bricks, I reluctantly headed out on foot to circle the tiny lake while she dipped in the lake. I also finished with a dip in a lake and am now looking forward to a 4th of July BBQ :)

54 Mile Bike @ 03:15:00
1.4 Mile Run @ 00:14:00

No comments: