Thursday, July 02, 2009

Today I am struggling lots with this new food plan. Ruth graduated from Cortiva last night so I met her and some friends for a drink before, and then we all went out for dinner after. I usually go through the majority of my daily point allotment before dinner and yesterday was no exception even though I earned more through working out. By the time we made it to the restaurant, I was HUNGRY and did not make the best choice when ordering my dinner. The good news is that I managed to not eat it all like I would have in the past, but the bad news is that I used up my weekly point bank when the night was done.

Went to 24 Hour Fitness this morning and got in a weight workout.

Core @ 00:15:00
Upper Weights @ 00:30:00

I also understand that I still have a lot of growing to do around the immediacy of gratification. This first week, I have nothing to show for my efforts and still have this mindset that I have a deficit from my Ironman from 2 weeks ago. Ruth packed me a great lunch today but I was still feeling super tired and hungry this afternoon and finally broke into my granola cereal. Tip for myself for next time. Start with half a cup, rather than just going for the whole (10 point) double serving! Now I am in a deficit for the week and it is only 4 PM. We are going for a nice bike ride around the South end of the lake after work so I will be able to literally earn my dinner!

Had a beautiful ride around the South end of the lake!

32 Mile Ride @ 02:00:00

1 comment:

Danielle C. said...

It's a perfect afternoon for a bike ride around the lake! At least you get to enjoy an amazing afternoon, a beautiful view, and good company to earn your dinner. :)

Nutrition is such a fickle science, you will figure out what works for you!