Saturday, August 08, 2009

Today was the last of the Cougar Trail Run series. The distance was @ 13 miles and the race director told us that the elevation gain was 2700 feet. I had a great time and loved it! The trail was beautiful and challenging and the weather was perfect. I got a lot of gifts along the way -- a nice pace group for the first three miles and lots of room to practice and focus on my descents. I was 8 minutes slower than last year, but the route was different so a true comparison cannot be made.

13 Mile Trail Run @ 02:32:00

Ruth biked to the finish and also said that she thought I would have had a tougher time on the race with the crazy week I had :). I think that part of feeling good today was my decision yesterday to not do the Black Diamond Half Ironman in September and instead, just do a marathon in Bellingham. I just have a crazy 2 months ahead of me with work, classes, my trip to Italy and a visit from my sister and this feels so much more manageable.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I'd like to point out that the word "JUST" should not be placed in front of "a marathon..."