Saturday, February 06, 2010

Today was the Orcas Island 50k and it could not have been a more beautiful day for it!  Knowing I was not going into it as trained as I should have been (missed my 4th training run the last few weeks), a bit stressed from school/work and a few pounds heavier, I committed to just running MY race and enjoying the experience.

And what a feast for the soul! Ruth scored us an amazing suite with a mini-kitchen, a fireplace and view of the water. From BED.  The run itself was simultaneously cruel and stunningly generous and I experienced the usual highs and lows that come along with it. Couple lessons for next time - get in FRONT of nutrition and really practice downhills.  Looking forward to future runs and adventures. Quick shout out to Barbara Rose who had a great fast run!

31 Mile Run @ 07:45:00 ? 


No comments: