Saturday, April 24, 2010

I had one of the more miserable long runs today. Met Katie at her house and ran the first 10 miles of the route she mapped out. Of course, the company was exceptional but we continue to have a distinct difference of opinion about what a flat route means. We climbed and climbed and climbed, and she bounded up like Tigger while I unhappily stomped up behind her. It was super windy so I was surprised to feel so many drops of sweat hitting my calves as I ran. Then my sneakers started to squish and finally I figured out that I had some sort of a leak in my hydration pack. We stopped once so I could check the connections but they were tight. By this point, I had developed a rather unattractive yellow streak from my butt down to my knees.

When we finally departed company near mile 10, I continued down from the Zoo area to Lake Union, along the Burke Gilman and back up to Greenlake and finally her house. My legs were more and more sore and I was definitely feeling the effects of yesterday's leg workout. I also ran out of Gatorade - in the hydration pack although I was certainly wearing most of it by then. This extra liquid provided new opportunities for chafing and my mood got increasingly blacker as I finally finished.

18 Mile Run @ 02:45:00

No comments: