Sunday, April 25, 2010

Got to meet with Cheryl today and we re-invented my focus for the season. Ultra-marathons are out. Faster runs are in. On the spot, I signed up for the Portland Marathon and set the goal to run it in (gulp) 3:30. That's an 8:02 pace. OMG. My fastest marathon has been a 3:42 and I was younger (and lighter) then.

So my training sessions will be shorter but harder. This works well with my school schedule and I am psyched, and not just a little terrified.

So I went to yoga class instead tonight. It was super hard but good even though I was a bit concerned at the start because the entire class was made up of skinny white (and flexible) girls. I sweat a small lake but was able to emerge with the ability to walk :)

Yoga Class @ 01:15:00

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoo hoo, let the FUN begin :) CM