Friday, June 04, 2010

I woke up early yesterday morning and decided to get in an easy 6 mile
run along the beach under that cloud cover. Left the house at 5:45 and
had a great first hour. I missed the beach park on the way back and
found myself on the road that runs parallel. Figured it was all good
and kept running. By then the sun had come out but I was still in the
shade and had half a bottle of water left. That road stretched on and
on and there was less and less shade until I hit that damn highway
again in full sun - and of course I had neglected to put on sunscreen
thinking I would be under cloud cover. My water was running out but I
was lucky enough to see the police station ahead and made it there
just in time together a water refill. Continued on along the hot
highway and then noticed that my shoulders were blistering. Made it to
the turn-off, found the shelter of a bush and called Ann to see if I
could get a ride. Fortunately the came to pick me up and swooped me to
Starbucks. I was a bit freaked out but it could have been a lot worse...

13ish Mile Run @ 02:05:00

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: