Sunday, July 25, 2010

I learned this week that my sister set the date for her wedding the same day as the marathon I have spent the last 3 or so months training for. So, at the last minute, I decided to run the Light at the End of the Tunnel marathon as a training run to prepare a bit for some of the 50k's I identified to run this fall.

It was an up and back. Steady average 2% gradient on the way up and then that same gradient descent on the way back. Unfortunately, it felt like uphill both ways! I thought, rather mistakenly that I would be able to complete it in 3:45 but was quickly humbled. Perhaps it would have helped if I had not started a bit dehydrated from last night's party. All the rest stops were "do it yourself" and I had to stop for one bathroom break but I held it steady otherwise. It turns out that I did pretty well though - 18th (of 61) overall and 3rd (of 26) in women .

26.2 Mile Run @ 04:03:12

No comments: