Thursday, June 16, 2005

I am working to believe that just because I lost my car key in Lake Washington this AM that it is not a portent of doom. Not sure how I successfully removed my key FROM its ring (still have that) but I did it.

Anyway, Gisela was wonderful and gave me some clothes to wear to the coffee shop where Ruth swooped by and rescued me. Diana gave me some cool socks and a terrific running hat she got in Hawaii and I am going to wear it to the race.

My neck is still stiff, and I am worried that I did not prepare enough for this race. However, at this point, there is nothing I can do that will make me faster -- I just need to make sure I do not do anything that will make me slower on the day of the race. That includes mental. Call from my coach this AM really helped. On our way in 30 minutes...

So the trend continued....we missed the Victoria ferry by 5 minutes (damn traffic) and ended up driving to Canada (Tsuassin) to catch the ferry. We just missed the 5:00 ferry but were able to get the 6:00. So we got in late and were eating dinner at 9PM. Yikes. By then, the tension from all the mishaps really worked its way into my neck and back and Ruth is going to work on it in a few.

No comments: