Saturday, June 18, 2005

Woke up almost entirely pain free after an almost 9 hour sleep! We walked to Starbucks and got coffee this morning and then did some grocery shopping at the nearby store. I got some Tiger Balm there and slathered it on my neck. Should be all good.

So I am kind of nervous but more excited about getting out on the race course tomorrow. People here are very friendly and we have seen more than one twitchy triathlete wheeling his/her bike around.

So my coach has my goal time as 5:22 but I would be happy with under 5:30.

I am looking for:

Swim: 00:38
Bike: 03:00:00 (19 MPH pace)
Run: 00:43 (8:15 minue pace)

We're going to head out soon to pick up the race packet and ride one of the bike loops. I also need to find an end plug as I lost mine yesterday in transport.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will be thinking of you and sending lots of energy!!!! Good luck and have fun. CM