Thursday, January 26, 2006

Met with my coach after swim practice today. This morning I swam with (okay, really far behind a lot) Duncan only. The hardest part was a set of 4x150 on the 2:15. YIKES. I was able to keep the first interval with Duncan and his pull bouy of death but then dropped to 2:20, 2:25 and finally 2:30 :(

Swim Practice 2300@ 00:55:00

My meeting was a really good reality check and focus session.

Below are my key take-aways:
  • I still overtrain and need to train smarter. I work full-time and will destroy myself if I am not careful.
  • The Boston marathon is a B Priority race. Deal with it.
  • Once the Boston nonsense is over, I need to focus on my cycling as that is 70% of the Ironman. Even the elites walk some of the run of an Ironman and that really does not matter to me as I am not an elite :). I will end up walking part of it.
  • Swimming is now down to two times a week. If I really want another swim, I may do it on Mondays. (She knows that I LOVE to sleep in on Mondays) so that was pretty sneaky.
  • Running is up to 4 times a week in February and then 5 in March.
  • If I get tired, I need to take off a workout rather than train myself into the ground.
  • Weight training is down to 2x a week for upper and core. 1x for legs. (neither of us can believe I am actually whining about this reduction)
  • Stretch my calves every day as many times as I can. I am getting some pain in the front of my legs and cannot afford shin splints.
  • I can have a baby after the Ironman and still train for half iron distances with the right partner -- already got that :)
  • I need to see my coach at least once a month as I am stubborn and she is the only one I will listen to.

_____________________

Went to Dina's spin class today. She started us out at a high resistance and my legs just screamed. But I made it through...

Spin Class @ 00:50:00

139a 171m

No comments: