Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Had a good swim this morning with Gisela and Sarah. Good but not great because I didn't sleep as well last night -- was nervous about my little 10 mile bike commute on my new Devinci single speed to work after swim practice. But it was a nice easy ride (I took it too easy perhaps) and I am stronger on this bike than I thought. Of course I have not tackled any long steep grades yet...but I am thinking about riding Ruth's Tour de Cure on my single speed with Rolf.

2500 Swim Practice @ 01:00:00
__________________________________

10 Mile Bike @ 00:48:00 (Commute from Seattle U to Work)
117a, 158m
__________________________________

Had a good ride home and did fine until I hit the steep grade off the I90 Bridge. I started up the hill and it was too much so I veered to the right to fall on the grass. I was lucky that I was able to clip out though and walked it. Of course I had to be passed by some guy who thought he was being sympathetic when he said to me that the winds across the bridge were almost unfair. I thought "shut up granny gear boy...". Unfortunately, that affected my confidence and I panicked and clipped out again when climbing up the footbridge to the Burke Gilman Trail at Hec-Ed.

I would like to get strong (and light) enough to be able to handle the steep grades in my single speed... I do like not having a computer or other gears on this bike as it helps me focus on my riding.

17 Mile Bike Commute @ 01:25
115a, 203m


No comments: