Saturday, February 17, 2007

Met Charlie, Duncan and George at the dog for a long ride. They were planning to ride 70 and I needed to get in 100. The first few miles were fabulous -- I kept thinking "It's a beautiful day and I am riding with the big boys!" -- and then they dropped my ass on the I 90 bridge.

When I finally caught up with them, I invited them to go ahead without me because I knew I could not keep their pace. But Charlie said he was planning to ride the 100 with me and he would ride my pace. And he did while Duncan and George took off on E and W Mercer Way. After saying good-bye to Duncan and George at Marymoore, George took me on a really good ride via Newport Way, Renton and and extra out and back on the trail to get in the full distance.

I ended up getting in my full mileage, or distance in km as I needed to get in 161 km. I was WHIPPED when I got home (or at least to the spot near UW where I begged Ruth to scoop me) because I had spent the first half of the ride chasing down the big boys.

163.5 KM @ 06:38:50
134a
Ave Speed 24.7 KPH (15.3 MPH)

No comments: