Wednesday, February 28, 2007

We enjoyed an evening on Lake Taupo with some accountants who sure can party! Caught some good fish and had a lot of laughs. We had such a terrific time that we decided to skip the dinner with our travel group and got some take-away for dinner at home.

This morning Ruth got up and went for a long run while I made myself some coffee, stretched and did some core. I am going to take the day entirely off and go for a 20 minute run tomorrow. And the weather supports my plan because it has been chilly and drizzling all morning.

Ironman is in the air. And I am getting in a space where I do not want to be. Feeling little and like I do not belong among these people strutting around with negative body fat percentages. Last night, someone commented that they were surprised I was the one doing the race because they assumed that Ruth was. I know that is probably more often the case than not but it is tough to have to hear it out loud. Again. No matter how hard I train -- I just do not look like I belong here and I hate to feel like this because I start to believe it. I know it is just pre-race jitters too and right now, I just want to curl up somewhere and be away from all the noise...

CORE
5 x 1 Min Plank
3 x 20 Bicycle

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You absolutely belong there! Don’t for a second more doubt yourself. You have trained way too hard to let a little comment by someone bother you.

I look forward to you telling me about how many “negative body fat” people you pass on the race course as you have told me in the past. Perhaps yelling, “Yes, I eat ice cream” at them as you pass their skinny asses will boost your mood!!!
Can’ wait to have you back- Darcie

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Seujan! And don't forget to have fun. I'm looking forward to buying you a martini to celebrate the race and your 40th when you get back to Seattle.
David
P.S. You remember what Dorothy Parker said about martinis, don't you?
"I like to have a martini,
Two at the very most.
Three I'm under the table,
Four I'm under the host."

Anonymous said...

You are truly the best and I am behind you 100%. You are the BEST SISTER and I believe in you. "Sticks and stones may hurt your bones, but words will never hurt me!!!!!".
You are a VERY strong-willed person and I have never known for you to back down from anything, so go and kick ass and do your "thing" with your head held high. I LOVE YOU AND BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Remember how f'd up Peter Reed was? And that you're on your SECOND IM in 7 months? You're an animal! Purr happily through the race. I'll be thinking of you. xo Tatyana

Anonymous said...

First of all, I can't believe people say or think that. I know you and I don't doubt that you look like an ironwoman 100%. And besides, since we already know that you ARE an ironwoman, let's just think "F%$K you" when you pass them, "this is what it looks like to be passed by someone that trains hard and enjoys life." If you can't let go of that negative crap entirely, use it to motivate yourself! Have a laugh on them.
Have a great race, can't wait for our post race ironman/bday celebration!
Penni