Saturday, April 14, 2007

This morning, Ruth and I got in a really good bike workout before the rain hit.

We rode from UW to Lake Washington BLVD and added a 10 mile Time Trial from Baker to Seward Park (for me, up and around the top) and then back to Baker and finally ending at Seward. It was windy and I did not feel comfortable in my aero bars (need to work on that) but did all the flat parts on my drops. By the end, the two weeks of no rest day combined from yesterday's run prompted my legs to let me know that they were not happy with me.

Ruth is much faster on her bike and we kept up a good pace after the time trial around the South end of the lake. It was a really good ride and definitely felt like we worked hard. Going to enjoy our rest day on Sunday! I had a really good attitude going into the ride but after, I beat myself up a bit because I did not think my time trial was as fast as Ruth's. She had done the whole thing in her aero bars and on a flat route but of course I did not give myself any credit for that in my head... I also need to work on descending and riding in my aero bars. I got so freaked out when I was almost blown off my bike when riding in them in New Zealand that I think I am a bit more cautious right now.

42 Mile Bike Ride @ 2:54:00
127a
10 Mile Time Trial @ 00:36:00
143a
Attitude 7 Performance 10

CORE
5 x 15 Crunch on Ball
____________________________________

Then went to work for a bit to work on my new cube space and managed to smash the tip of my middle finger with a hammer. It will be quite colorful by tomorrow...

No comments: