Saturday, May 05, 2007

Today's workout was a long bike followed by a 2 mile run. I hitched a ride with Ruth to Issaquah where she met a group for a Tour de Cure training ride and took off from there. My route started at Eastlake Sammamish and then followed I90 to Bellevue and across Mercer Island (the long way). From there, around the South end of the lake and up North again over Juanita and finally home on the trail. I was hoping it was 85 miles but my computer indicated I had 7 to go. I had been fighting headwinds the entire day and was pretty grumpy so I let myself go home after promising that I would finish the miles on the rollers. I did but it wasn't pretty and finally ended with a 1.5 mile run around my neighborhood.

I struggled again with this ride and I know it has to do directly with nutrition -- or lack of. I only had half a shake, half a powerbar, a banana and a p and b sandwich. From now on, I am going to set my watch -- just like during a race and be certain to eat/drink every 15 minutes.

Long Bike with Brick @ 06:26:07

85 Mile Bike @ 06:11:01
124a

1.5 Mile Run @ 00:15:06
127a, 137m

No comments: