Friday, August 24, 2007

We had a beautiful ride to Penticton yesterday and woke up (no alarm!) at 6 AM. I hopped on my bike and biked from where we are staying in Summerland to Pentiction and back for a nice 13.5 mile round trip.

13.5 Bike Ride @ 00:45:00

We registered for the race and spent too much money on over-priced merchandise with the magic "Ironman Canada 25th" words embroidered on it.

I am feeling strangely calm about the entire thing. I cannot say that I am looking forward to racing but I do not feel a sense of dread like I did last year. It will be what it will be. Sunday will hold a lot of lessons and I am ready to accept them all - well, at least not fight them all :)

We are renting the same home we did last year with Ruth's folks and it feels very comfortable and relaxing here. I sure am glad that we are not staying in town with the other twitchy participants. We are hosting a BBQ tomorrow from 2-5 and look forward to spending time with everyone!

Today, Ruth got very very quiet as we headed out of town and we realized that she was having HER meltdown. But she is working through it by relaxing outside with a book and I am going to head over to the hammock beside her shortly.

No comments: