Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Made it to swim practice this morning and was pleased to no longer be in the lane on the wall because of February's rotation :) We did an IM set and I was happy with the yardage although our lane leader does tend to stall a lot on send -offs. I cannot complain about it too much because it is in my control as in get my butt to practice more than 1x a week to make me fast enough to either lead the lane or move up to the next.

2700 Swim Practice @ 01:00:00

When getting ready at home in the morning, I caught my reflection in window because it was still dark out. I had on the shell of the twin set I am wearing and thought I saw a shadow of a MUSCLE in my arm as I poured my coffee. Far too many moments later as I tried over and over and over again to reproduce it, I had to finally give up and accept that it was either a momentary thing or a wishful figment of my imagination. It was a nice, if not fleeting reinforcement for all the weight training I have been doing and will continue to do :)

Ouch. Today's "Vicious Cycle" was more so than it had ever been before. By the end of the class, I was reduced to a pathetic puddle on the floor. I usually do not do a hard run the day before this class, and I did swim a bit harder than I have in months this morning so I know that I did walk into it a bit less fresh than usual. However, as I looked around, it was pretty obvious I was not the only one hurting and my suspicions were confirmed when Tija (the owner/instructor) mentioned something to me about getting in shape for the Tour de Cure. I assured her that yes, it would be a really good and challenging ride and training for it was a good idea -- perhaps in partnership with the highly organized Event Director... She's on it.

Spin Class @ 00:53:00

No comments: