Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Woke up at 4:45 AM and got in some work before my 6:00 bus. My biceps and shoulders are a bit sore. Probably from the IM workout the day before but I still got in a good lift. Core class was just brutal. Jon had us on the mats with leg weights and I just do not have the lower core strength/flexibility to keep my legs up and crunch/lift my shoulders and hips for twenty million hours (exaggerating only slightly..).

Upper Weights @ 00:30:00
Core Class @ 00:30:00

Today's run was a 9 mile run, 8 of it at a tempo pace. I had meetings through the morning and was very hungry when I got back to my desk so I gobbled down a Mojo Bar, digested it for half an hour and took off for my run along the water. Because I really do not know the exact distance, I just set a time goal. 5 minute WU, 8 miles at 01:08 (8:30 pace) and 5 minute CD. My HR monitor also did nothing useful for me except give me the time intervals as it kept jumping and skipping around so I had to do perceived exertion and pace. I think I did all right as I pushed it fast enough to be uncomfortable, but not unbearable.

9 Mile Run @ 01:18:00

No comments: