Saturday, April 05, 2008

Today, we celebrated Ann's 40th Birthday with a triathlon and just had a really great time! It was a 40k bike, 40 minute run and 40 second swim. I did convince Ann and her friend, Tammy to do the long side of Mercer Island (starting at I-90) as a time trial and was able to kick it up a little with a finish time of 00:34:50. I look forward to seeing some improvement after I get a break from running and start to really train on my bike!

I took the run to and through the Arboretum super easy -- even pausing to chat a bit with Cheryl and Nancy for a few minutes at the Japanese gardens parking lot.
We finished it up with a dip in the lake -- took far more time to pose for pictures (for each other, and amused bystanders) than we were in the water but we it was an absolute blast and we had lots of stories to tell over Bloody Mary's at Bings after.

26 Mile Bike @ 01:49:00
4+ Mile Run @ 00:40:00
"swim" @ 00:00:40

No comments: