Friday, August 29, 2008

Running Skirt Rant

Okay, I just have to add this. I have been a Kristin Armstrong fan for a long time but her latest article on The Rise of Skirt Culture just has me shaking my head. I mean, what is this crap about getting to look pretty while running. As if we need a short skirt to look/feel pretty running?!? If it turns out that they are actually more aerodynamic and if adding an extra swatch of material over running shorts makes you faster, I will eat my words and replace my running wardrobe with these wonders of technology. That will be at about the same time I see male runners converting to them for more benefits than just aesthetic -- as some have gone the way of utilikilts (btw, I am a huge fan of utilikilts on men).

Until then, I will enjoy wearing my skirts off the running path and this newest trend will give me more incentive to run faster to not be beaten by anyone wearing one...

No comments: