Thursday, September 11, 2008

This morning, I went for a run with the plan to get it in before it got too hot. I ran from the hotel to the Town Lake Trail for an hour run. At 6:30 AM, it was still dark out and the unsavory characters who seemed to congregate 24/7 next to the hotel were there as I ran by. I ran with my water bottle carrier and it was like running in a sauna. I found the trail after about a mile and joined many other runners on that trail. I was hurting from the heat and just wanted to stop them and ask "how on earth can anyone run here?". I left my ego in the hotel lobby with the air conditioning and just decided I would run for an hour and would not care if an octogenarian pushing her triplet grandchildren wearing a pink running skirt passed me going up hill. I was just out there to survive.

I came back to the hotel and swore to never sign up for a race in in Texas.

6 Mile Run @ 01:00:00

We went to Gold's Gym in downtown Austin for a weight workout this afternoon. Even the weights are heavier in Texas but I was happy to get in a good workout.

Upper Weights @ 00:40:00
Core @ 00:20:00

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurricane's a commin' Miss Seu - better run away.